Friday, May 03, 2013

Potholder progress

I've been doing potholders for therapy for about ten years now, have probably made a couple hundred potholders, but I can still find ways to keep it interesting.  Combining colors in different ways. Combining loops from various makers. Trying a new weaving technique. Cutting up socks to make my own loops.

Someday I'd like to have a sock machine - or a friend who has one & will make me loops - in the meantime, I periodically look for some way to make satisfactory loops on my own. Not that I haven't made potholders with unsatisfactory loops (some of which I made myself) and liked them. But still ...

In upcoming posts I will be reporting my experiences with the twill-like weave (upper right in image above) with better quality [aka 'higher cost'] loops, with making my own loops on a sock loom, and with Harrisville Designs 10" Potholder PRO Size loom & loops.

Also some miniature potholders, at some point.

Stay tuned.

No comments: